Re: Embedding TTF fonts in PS files

Apologies for the inaccuracy, The submitter's README listed it as

	The files sft.c, list.c and ttcr.c and corresponding header
	files are yanked from STSF (Standard Type Services
	Framework) text imaging and font handling framework for
	application developers.

I hadn't realized it was used elsewhere.   It's a bit larger a
collection that I prefer given that there is no clear way for this
copy to upstram updates.  However, that can be dealt with with some
cvs monitoring.

Yes, we released these three files initially for OpenOffice under
LGPL2.1 or SISSL 1.1

	http://gsl.openoffice.org/source/browse/gsl/psprint/source/fontsubset

and then I started using them in STSF and we re-released the same files
under the less-restrictive BSD+ license.

The lawyer I checked with had an issue with the restriction
* You acknowledge that this software is not designed, licensed or intended
 * for use in the design, construction, operation or maintenance of any
 * nuclear facility.

Ah, that's the "plus" part of BSD+. I don't believe it is a restriction,
just an acknowledgment.

I've informed Suresh Chandrasekharan a few weeks ago and he's
looking into resolutions.

I am sure we can find one.

AG

---
Alexander Gelfenbain
User Experience / Globalization Engineering
Sun Microsystems, Inc.
+1 (408) 635-0612