Printing an EPS/PS file

I have an existing application (ProForma:

    http://www.mozilla.org/start/

) which takes an existing EPS file and draws on top of it.  The
printing backend is designed to be portable to a non-graphical
environment (ie a Web server) and so doesn't require
X/GTK/GNOME/gnome-print; it just generates PostScript output.  I'd
like to use gnome-print to select a PostScript printer, and do all of
the work except generating the PostScript code, using its knowledge of
the system to figure out what command to run, what options, etc..  Is
there a way to do this?  It would be useful in ggv too, which right
now has a terrible printing interface (at least in the version I
have).

If that's not possible, is there a straightforward way to gnome-print an
EPS file as part of a larger document?  I could rasterize it with
ghostscript and then use gnome_print_rgbimage, but that's somewhat
annoying, since in most cases the rasterized file will be converted
right back to lower-quality, worse-looking PostScript than the
original.

Any other recommendations?  If not, would patches be considered?...

----ScottG.