Distinction between gnome-print, libgnomeprint, libgnomeprintui ???

I'm trying to build "gnome-print" as one of the required packages for
gnucash.  At

  http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/sources/

I find three subdirectories, namely gnome-print, libgnomeprint,
libgnomeprintui.  Can anyone clarify the distinction between the
three?  Also, in general, what does a "ui" suffix indicate?

Finally, any hints on deciding which of these I want for my purpose?

As you might guess, I am not a gnome wizard.  Also, I don't have root
access on the machine I'm building on, so RPMs are not an option for
me...

Finally, I'm not subscribed to gnome-print-list, so please include a
reply directly to me.

Thanks.

-- Best regards, Will
( mailto:galway pims math ca http://www.cecm.sfu.ca/~wfgalway )