Re: Printing lines, shapes and pixmaps from a gnome canvas

On Tue, 2003-01-21 at 13:01, Michael Meeks wrote:
Hi Jean,

On Sat, 2003-01-18 at 14:38, Jean Bréfort wrote:
> I am currently working on adding a print function to the Gnome Canvas,
> so that when a canvas has been filled, a simple call to
> gnome_canvas_print(canvas, pc) will print it (it must fit on one page).

	Sounds like this is a great idea. I tend to think though, that it's

>From gnome-print FAQ (from Lauris,
http://lists.ximian.com/archives/public/gnome-print/2001-May/000632.html):

It would be cool to have printing interface on canvas items!
It is not so cool at all. In model-view-controller context both
current gnome-canvas and gnome-print-context implement single
view. Adding subview (printing interface) to existing view (canvas) is
not very good idea.
What would be cool is either:
- Make generic graphic object class, that can render to different
  views (canvas and gnome-print)
- Make model-view based canvas, so objects are clearly distinct from
  display (and you can have multiple views of same object)

--
Tambet Ingo <tambet ximian com>