Re: gnome-print API (was Re: GnomePrinterSelector private?)

On Wed, 2003-01-08 at 13:32, Chema Celorio wrote:
> 	- gnome-print-paper.h
>
> 	I'd like to think about/investigate how and if someone is using
>         this. Paper size selection is handled by GnomePrintConfig &
>         GnomePrintJob, apps can embed widgets to allow users to
>         select/view paper sizes.

Examples how I use gnome-print-paper in gLabels:

1) I use gnome_print_paper_get_list() to get the list of available page
sizes to categorize available label templates in the "new label" dialog
-- A user in the US does not need to wade through tons of A4 templates
to locate a US-Letter template, and vise versa.  I also use this list to
generate generic "Full page" templates at run-time for all available
page sizes.

2) I use gnome_print_paper_get_by_name() to query the physical page size
for a given label template.  This physical page size is used throughout
the program for laying out labels at print time, creating the generic
"Full page" templates, and in a mini-preview widget used at various
points in the program.

-Jim