Re: Familiy name in Alias and alias brokeness.
- From: Chema Celorio <chema ximian com>
- To: Akira TAGOH <tagoh redhat com>
- Cc: Radek Doulik <rodo ximian com>, gnome-print-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Familiy name in Alias and alias brokeness.
- Date: Wed Feb 5 12:51:01 2003
Oh, I misunderstood your question. You where asking about why is_alias
needed, not why aliases where needed, my mistake.
is_alias is needed for a number of reasons. Imagine an app has wants to
print with 2 fonts. "Sans Regular" and "Albany AMT Regular" but it
happens that Sans points to Albany, in this case we only want to embed
the font once, so we need to know which one is an alias.
Also, I don't think the font dialog should contain the aliases in there,
since the user does not have a font named "Sans" installed so it should
not be an option for him to choose from.
Why do you think is_alias should not exist?
] [Thread Prev