Re: [gnome-print] latin2 (i18n?) problems

Hello!

There can be different issues involved.
Can you please do the following test:

1. Create some utf-8 text with latin2 glyphs (I think iconv
   can convert existing iso-8859-2 or something to utf-8 without
   problems)
2. In gnome-print source tree, experiment with:

tests/testprint4 --preview your_file_name
tests/testprint your_file_name

It takes utf-8 input, asks you to choose font, layouts trivial page out
of it, and either displays it on preview, or lets you to choose
target printer.
So you can verify, whether font reencodings etc. actually work.

I do not know about gedit, but gnumeric assumes your text to
be in current locale - EVEN IF X FONT USED IS SOMETHING DIFFERENT.
So you may want to try to experiment with setting locale
environment variables - I do not know exactly, which one is
used to determine text encoding.

Hope that helps

Best wishes,
Lauris Kaplinski