Re: [gnome-print] What is cooking

> Just a heads up on what has been cooking in gnome-print recently...

<snip>

> Cups integration.
>
> Someone needs to tackle this soon. I will if nobody does. The problem is
> that whoever does it needs to _really_ _really_ understand gnome-print,
> gnome-print-config and libgpa. It is not a matter of adding it to the
> dialog, we need to fetch options eventually. If nobody gets to this,
> I'll will soon (2-3 months?).

Can't we port the KDElibs CUPS stuff ? They have super CUPS integration
(lots of print options etc.). It's LGPL/BSD I believe, so it shouldn't
be much of a problem, unless, of course, the basic architecture is
totally different.

I might be talking off my hindside here since I've only *used* the APIs
and have no idea about the implementation (gnome-print or kdelibs).

Rgds,
Biswa.