Re: [Gnome-print] some RH merge

"Sergey V. Udaltsov" <sergey.oudaltsov@clients.ie> writes:

> > Not extremely clean, but best that can be done at moment IMHO.
> > What do you think?
> All this is really cool. But what about XLFD(s) (or at least some parts
> of them) in fontmap files? Do we have a chance to get WYSIWYG under
> GNOME someday (definitely, I mean the version 0.30:)?

You won't get anything close to wsywig trying to match XLFD's to
client side postscript fonts. The only way that this is going
to be gotten even close to right is to use the same client fonts
for rendering on screen and on the printer; this means unifying
the GNOME print configuration mechanism with the Xft configuration
mechanism.

No, that won't happen for 0.30, but anything else is just fooling
around and not worth potential breakage.

                                        Owen