Re: [Gnome-print] bugs and features

Hello!

Hmm...
can you cut'n'paste the code (or just give me a pointer), where you
are drawing directly with libart. But still I cannot understand, why
I haven't seen any such artefact recently :(

On Thu, 2001-10-04 at 20:18, Adrian Feiguin wrote:
> On 4 Oct 2001, Lauris Kaplinski wrote:
> Another question: gnome-canvas/libart don't antalias fonts/pixmaps, do
> them? At leat gnome-canvas-text/image don't seem to have any special code
> to do it.

Stock gnome canvas can only do with X fonts. What means, that
antialiased mode has to do some serious hackery, to get hand onto
fonts at all. Nobody has volunteered doing antialiasing on top of
that hackery. There will be more sensible freetype/pango based code in
gnome-2, although it requires you to have separate set of fonts
installed.

If you want to use aa canvas + aa fonts, you can borrow code from
gnome-print. Although gnome-print text item is limited in other
ways - it can only do single line, unless you want to use glyphlists.

Best wishes,
Lauris kaplinski