Re: [Gnome-print] no one cares about non Latin1 users?

On 2001.11.22 16:59:43 +0100 Valek Filippov wrote:
> Hej Olaf!
>
> > Forgot all.
> what do you mean?
It should be: 'forget'.
So forget my previous mail, as it was fonts configuration problem, not the
library itself.

> > The redhat (and ximian)installation script of gnome-print doesn't do
> good
> > job.
> > So, I got it working with my fonts.
> Yes, It's so. gnome-font-install is stupid bastard.
> Lauris and Chema said that they fixed it in 0.32, but I still don't check
> it.
> Some russian guy is developing python script for fonts maintaince in
> gnome-print,
> but atm I prefer manual font addition.

Yes, I finished in manually addition also.
I needed Courier and Helvetica.
My problems were, because of installed some adobe afms (pcrb8a.afm etc.)
which don't have glyphs for Latin2 fonts.
Normally in ghostscript these fonts are aliased to Nimbus fonts. And they
have all glyphs I need.
So I had to do gnome-font-install on ghostscript fonts only, and then
manually add entries for Courier and Helvetice (I found no other way).
Terrible :(
It would be nice to have a tool which looks into ghostscript's fontmap,
and produces gnome-print.fontmap including aliased fonts.
I can't understand why gnome-print has so sophisticated config file.
The ghostscripts config file is much easier to edit.

Regards,

Olaf