Re: [Gnome-print] Printing a gnome-canvas

Hello!

No, it is not possible and I do not think, it is a good idea at all.
Canvas is speed-optimized display engine. Gnome-print is graphic API with controlled
behaviour. So while it is possible to write intermediate layer, outputting to both
frameworks, it would be clearly distinct from both.
Or in other words - canvas has possibility for all kinds of non WYSIWYG objects, so
there simply cannot be one-size-fits-all pipeline from canvas to printer.

I would suggest implementing some model-view framework with Canvas acting as one
and gnome-print as another view. It is quite straightforward to do, and will add
some extra flexibility to your code (you may want to interface it with bonobo or
something else). Also, if you will need speed optimizations for canvas (libart is
probably not good idea, if you need to draw something 10.000 points), you can hand-tune
canvas, without breaking the print part.

Lauris Kaplinski