[Gnome-print] Printing a gnome-canvas

Hello all,

Is it possible to print a gnome-canvas to a high-resolution postscript
file.
At the moment I'm working on a simulation in theoretical physics. The
gnome-canvas is very convenient to show the results on the screen.
However, once in a while, I would like to be able to save the results to

a postscript file or print to a printer. I could make a screenshot of
course,
but that would be a very low resolution solution. So, I was wondering if

somebody had implemented something like gnome_canvas_print("test.ps").

greetings

Marco Bosch