[gnome-print] Gnome2 printing, font subsetting and CJK fonts

Does the gnome-print architecture access font
files directly and is it capable of font subsetting in generating
PostScript output? I'm interested in this because
of CJK/CID-Keyed fonts/OpenType with large charsets.

(This is the print-analogue of pango I guess - pango can use
freetype2 to read font files and render the glyph - but
how would you go about printing the fonts using subsetting?)

Thanks.

--
Richard Chan <cshihpin@dso.org.sg>
DSO National Laboratories