[Gnome-print] Re: ghostscript todo

Raph Levien wrote:
> On the other hand, I think there should also be a Gnome build of
> Ghostscript, with a full set of dependencies on glib, gtk+, gnome-libs,
> and gnome-print-admin. This should be the main version that Linux users
> of Ghostscript see. For one, I'd like to see a PostScript and PDF viewer

this is great raph ! We REALLY need a good free PDF viewer.

> I think the jury is still out on whether Gimp Print or Omni will be the
> driver collection of choice. In either case, I'm pretty happy to defer
> to one of them instead of trying to maintain responsibility for drivers
> inside GS. As I mentioned, the drivers are of fairly low quality, and
> there's no modular architecture.

This is also great. All the pieces are starting to come togther.

As for gimp-print v.s. Omni, I would hate to have to drop one of them
in favor of the other, on the other hand I wish we end up with only
one printer driver API/infrastrucutre. Both teams are great guys and
great hackers.

regards,
Chema