[Gnome-print] Metric file mismatch

Background: I'm working on a program to generate business cards.
I need to do most of my own layout, so I need to measure the
strings I'm printing, with gnome_font_get_width_string().  I
currently don't have a UI for this program; I generate PostScript
and view it with gv.

The problem I'm finding is that the metrics files used by
gnome-print and ghostscript for Times Roman don't quite match;
"800-555-1212" is wider in gv than in gnome-print.  Is there any
way I can configure gnome-print to find ghostscript's font files?
If not, I'd like to add one.

--
|John Stracke        | http://www.thibault.org |HTML OK|