[Gnome-print] Re: making gnome-print gnome independent

> Hi.
>
> the gnome-db project is working on a report engine, whose base
> functionality should
> be independent from gnome(-libs).
>
> As the project is in need of a printing capabilities, i`d like to ask
> how you`d
> rate the possibility/efforts necesary to seperate the basic gnome-print
> printing functionality
> from gnome (libs, etc.) dependence.
>
> thanks for any info, Karl.

does the lack of answers to this question mean that you (gnome-print people)
won't consider at all the possibility of having the basic print stuff
independent of X?

Of course we're not talking about the print preview or config dialogs, but about
the basic printing stuff.

cheers