Re: [Gnome-print] gnome-print-pixbuf

On Sat, 27 May 2000, Federico Mena Quintero wrote:

> >  Does anybody need it?
> >
> >  If not, I hack it up, to generate GdkPixbufs.
>
> This would be nice to have.
>
> ObFuture: maybe also we could have a lower-level function to generate
> separations as grayscale pixbufs.

Shouldn't there be GnomePrintSeparations context for it? Like group
context, taking n subcontexts, and rendering separations to those.

Although this touches a touch issue - colorspacing.
AFAIK, what we need is opensource color system(s), a la pantone.
Then to hack AGAPWOIP (as good, as possible, without inringening patents)
descriptions for commercial systems/ink sets etc.
And add a way to specify arbitrary colorspaces for GdkPixbufs, libart and
gnome-print.
Anyway - I know little about that world.

Regards,
Lauris