[Gnome-print] Gnome text subsystems
- From: Lauris Kaplinski <lauris ariman ee>
- To: otaylor redhat com
- cc: gnome-print helixcode com, gnome-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: [Gnome-print] Gnome text subsystems
- Date: Sun, 28 May 2000 19:56:22 +0200 (CEST)
What about following logical structure?
1. User has
- text (in some supported encoding)
2. Given language and preferences, he/she or system selects available
3. It gives text + font + language to Pango, and gets back PangoGlyhString
(or list of strings)
4. These strings are fed to:
- gnome->X font finder, then X font rendering
- canvas engine
- raster rendering engine
- outline extracting
- if text is in multiple languages, then single GnomeFont is not
sufficent. So there should be something bigger, like GnomeFontSet
- How to deal with attributed text?
- How complicated text is Pango able to layout - i.e. if should it handle
super/subscripts, possible hyphenations, multiple languages, multiple font
sizes and attributes in single text segment?
] [Thread Prev