Re: [Gnome-print] Re: [Gimp-print-devel] An introduction to gnome-print(fwd)

Lauris Kaplinski wrote:
> Once gnome-print stabilizes enough, it would be meaningful to
> separate it into GUI and backend parts. GUI part needs and will

Um, so you'll provide some sort of command-line utility to print
files, and filter stuff, and handle options?  Sounds an awful lot
like you want a printing system then...

> Still I think that in near future libgnomeui is installed in most
> computers, so this is no-issue.

Okay...  Personally, I think that *might* be the case for Linux and
*BSD, but not for the commercial UNIX's for sure.  And gee, which
version will they ship, and how many people do you know that still
run Red Hat 5.x or some other old release and won't "upgrade"?

Michael Sweet, Easy Software Products                  mike@easysw.com