Re: [Gnome-print] Re: [Gimp-print-devel] An introduction to gnome-print (fwd)

On Fri, 19 May 2000, Michael Sweet wrote:

> 3. Building drivers into GNOME applications does not help non-
>    GNOME applications.

There is no such thing as GNOME dependency (aside packages :). There are
dependencies to several different free libraries, which happen to be
distributed as a part of GNOME. And some libraries has every program to
use, if it does not want to reimplement all things under the sun...

Once gnome-print stabilizes enough, it would be meaningful to separate it
into GUI and backend parts. GUI part needs and will always be needing
libgnomeui for print-preview canvas, dialogs etc.
Non-gui base requirements are only Gtk+ (object system) and libart
(drawing primitives). Not very much, I think...

Still I think that in near future libgnomeui is installed in most
computers, so this is no-issue.

Lauris