Re: [Gnome-print] Future Changes in Gnome Print.

> Maybe we shoudl "import" the PPD features into our format.  The reason
> being that our dialog code still needs to edit those properties.
>
> Or adapt PPD for the non-Postscript case, and provide those files as
> well

The way I see it, there are basically three categories of information
that you need for a specific printer:

1) General Information for gnome-print - unique ID, Manufacturer, Model,
Type (PS, PCL, etc.), and so on

2) Device Capabilities - resolutions, paper trays, supported media
types, etc.

3) Code Needed to Enable Device capabilities - PS, PCL, etc. code that
allows a particular printer to use a certain feature.