Re: [Gnome-print] Re: [Gimp-print-devel] An introduction to gnome-print(fwd)

   Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2000 02:13:20 +0200 (CEST)
   From: Lauris Kaplinski <lauris@kaplinski.com>

   > Application prints to Caanvas
   1.
   >     Caanvas layer generates metafile
   2.
   > 	Metafile is sent to print system
   3.
   > 	    Print system feeds metafile through rasterizer
   4.
   > 		Rasterizer output gets fed through back end printer driver
   >
   > Is that correct?

   This is one variant of pipeline. You can just redirect all steps, starting
   from 1.

   Bitmap rasterizer plugs to point 1.
   Screen preview plugs to point 1.
   Bonobo component preview plugs to point 2.
   You can redirect 2 to beginning of pipeline.

I'm asking if I understood Federico's proposal correctly.  I don't
want to confuse the issue with all the ways that this pipeline can be
rearranged.

--
Robert Krawitz <rlk@alum.mit.edu>      http://www.tiac.net/users/rlk/

Member of the League for Programming Freedom -- mail lpf@uunet.uu.net