Re: [Gnome-print] Re: [Gimp-print-devel] An introduction to gnome-print (fwd)

> > > As for scalability, adding DSOs doesn't mean your solution is
> > > scalable.  How many DSOs are required to implement N drivers?  N
> > > DSOs?  And what about non-GNOME applications?  What do *those*
> > > applications do for printing?!?
> >
> > You lost me with the acronym.  I cant follow this at all.
>
> I assume DSO = Dynamic Shared Object or something like that.

What is wrong with having 100 shared objects?   you only want one?
then use gcc -shared *.so -o bigso.so [1].

We found a scalability problem?  I dont think we will run into one in
the near future, but if we do, then we fix.

I am completely against `optimizing before we have any code written'.

Miguel.

[1] It is a bit harder than this, but you get the idea.