Re: [Gnome-print] Print Status an Queues

Sean Middleditch wrote:

> I'm looking through the latest gnome-print CVS, and the
> gnome_print_get_status always returns GNOME_PRINTER_INACTIVE.
>
> I REALLY need printer status and printer queue information, and since it
> seems I might need to implement it, I was wondering if anyone had idas
> on the ideal way in which to do it.  A wrapper for lpq/lprm/lpc would be
> possible, but rather unclean, and would sort-of skip the whole point of
> having gnome-print...

What we really need is to add a Bonobo interface that wraps arround lrp.
This way we are going to be able to plug in different spooling systems
by just implementing the same Bonobo interface for them.

> I'm finding decent documentation hard to come by, so I'm in need of some
> information on how gnome-print interacts with the printer.

Gnome-print  is not interacting with the printer at this moment.
We send the job to lpr (or whatever the user wants).