[Gnome-print] Meta data ...

Hi there,

	Lauris; I accidentaly fixed the bugs in gnome-print re:
setopacity, and the more worrying meta-data bugs that have crept in.

	To add fuel to the fire, I happen to think that you can have too
much of a good thing; in this case inefficiency. I like the meta-data as
it is at the moment, I think that printing can potentialy produce massive
ammounts of data and I don't think text can cope well.

	Clearly there is a need for a version stamp in the meta data
stream.

	Furthermore, there is no need to update the page information per
primitive, it should IIRC be sufficient to do this in the
gnome_print_meta_access_buffer routine. Also, it would be rather nice if
it was not neccessary to have this page information, then a stream of data
could ( in future ) be passsed between applications without the neccessity
of knowing in advance how long the stream is.

	AFAICS there is no good reason for the page length data apart
from possibly accelerating page flipping, and the:

	GnomePrintMeta *gnome_print_meta_new_from (const void *data);

	isn't passed how large the data chunk is ( I think this assumption
of data containing its own length is perhaps a mistake ).

	Also; since we have these nice access routines to get at the data,
I think it might well be wise to entirely privatize the GnomePrintMeta
structure ASAP.

		Michael.