Re: GNOME Press Team: ROUGH draft of GNOME 3.0 press release (request for comments)

On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 2:40 PM, Sumana Harihareswara <sumanah panix com> wrote:

Within GNOME 3, GNOME Shell reimagines the user interface for the next generation of the Free & Open Source desktop. This innovative interface allows users to focus on tasks while minimizing distractions such as notifications, extra workspaces, and background windows.

I'm not sure if an extra workspace is a distraction... ?  I would have probably have mentioned cluttered desktop.. but I don't care enough to argue this point that much. :-)

The GNOME Project was started in 1997 by two then-university students, Miguel de Icaza and Federico Mena. Their aim: to produce a free (as in freedom) desktop environment. Since then, GNOME has grown into a hugely successful enterprise. Used by millions of people across the world, it is the most popular desktop environment for GNU/Linux and UNIX-type operating systems. The desktop has been utilised in successful, large-scale enterprise and public deployments, and the project's developer technologies are utilised in a large number of popular mobile devices. For further comments and information, contact the GNOME press contact team at gnome-press-contact@gnome org.

I believe Federico's full name is Federico Mena Quintero.

sri