Re: GNOME Press Team: usage of gnome-press-team list

Hi,

On 12/06/2011 09:34 PM, Stormy Peters wrote:
I've never understood the difference between marketing private and press
... I think I'd stick with the press alias over the marketing private
though as it makes more sense for people trying to contact us.

gnome-press-contact is simply an alias for marketing-private - mail to the former gets relayed to the latter transparently. marketing-private is the real name of the mailing list.

And indeed, we've moved away from doing things like drafting press releases in private in recent years, and I think that's fine.

The only thing we need to avoid is a proliferation of unused lists - I think we should get rid of one of marketing-private, marketing-list and gnome-press-team, and better define the scope of each of them.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary