Re: Near-Final Draft: GNOME 2.30 Press Release - feedback needed!

On Tue, 2010-03-30 at 21:11 -0400, Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 4:52 PM, Stormy Peters <stormy gnome org> wrote:
> >
> > I'm thinking something like "I'm so excited I can sync my Tomboy notes from
> > both my laptop and my desktop - now I always have all my info with me on the
> > road."
>
> Just having a floating quote seemed weird, so I redid it a bit and
> attributed the quote to you -- since we probably ought to have a quote
> from you in here anyway!
>
> Still waiting on OK from Jim. New quote added from Fedora's Paul
> Frields (thanks, Paul!). Have also solicited a couple of folks from
> Novell/openSUSE but no word yet.
>
> What time does 2.30 go live officially?
>
> Best,
>
> Zonker

Hi Zonker,

Looks good, a little feedback:

Second sentence:   The 2.30 builds on previous GNOME releases - maybe
should be:  The 2.30 release builds on previous GNOME releases

For the Stormy quote does "excited" work better than "psyched"?  I would
also add the word "automatically": sync my Tomboy notes between my
desktop and laptop computer automatically - Tomboy has had a sync
feature for a while, the auto-sync is the new feature.

I'd recommend taking out the preview release of Activity Journal - it's
not currently hosted on GNOME infrastructure (it uses Launchpad).

Link to live media is:  http://torrent.gnome.org - should be available
within 48 hours of release - I have an email in to Zhang Zhen (lead
developer) and Ken Vandine to confirm, but haven't heard back yet.

Looks good and thank you for taking the time to put this together.

Paul