[gpm] systemd, pm-tools and Gnome 3.8.x

Greetings,

I hope this is the right mailing list to ask for.

I am trying to find 'the right way' to configure power management on my
laptop. It runs Gentoo, Gnome 3.8.x, systemd and - following Gentoo's
documentation for power management - I also installed and loosely configured
pm-tools.

But things aren't stable/working as I'd expect them and I've become unsure
whether the way I've gone is how it should be done.

I suspect systemd (I don't know it well yet) can handle many or all aspects of
that the pm-tools do and that both get into their way when they try to their
work.

Is that so? What would I have to do to configure power management on Gnome
3.8.x?

Thanks

p rick

--