[gpm] Prevent sleep from background daemon

Hello,

My application is a background server that transcodes videos and serves them up to the user in different ways. We run the server as a specific non-privileged user for security. Now, while transcoding and working we would like to prevent the computer from being suspended by the power manager, I have been looking around and found that you can post DBus messages to the gnome-session to inhibit sleep/suspend, but it seems to me that it can only be sent from the same user that is logged in since the gnome-session bus seems private. Is there someway to tell the users gnome-session to not go to sleep or another facility that I should talk to from my daemon?

Thanks for your help,
Tobias Hieta
plexapp.com