[gpm] No default setting for screen brightness

Hi all,

There used to be a make default button in gnome power manager setting
dialog, but since gnome 3, there is no such button and my screen
brightness will always set back to 100% after I log out.

For now I used dconf-editor to set a default percentage, but this is
only effective once I logged in. And at the log in window, the
brightness is always 100%.

Is there any way to set the default brightness at the system level?
Thanks.