Re: [gpm] [FIX] gnome screensaver blanks even when user is not idle

On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 4:45 AM, Richard Hughes <hughsient gmail com> wrote:
> On 16 March 2010 22:35, David James <davidjames google com> wrote:
>> To fix this, I suggest we subtract one from the wait value we use for
>> negative transitions. This ensures that wait_value < old_value. This
>> fix is already implemented in the KDE code base and will soon be
>> implemented in Chromium OS code base as well. I'm sending this email
>> to you so that we can make sure gnome-screensaver is fixed too.
>
> Could you please point to the KDE or Chromium commits and I'll
> reference them in the git commit log. Thanks.

Hi Richard,

Here's the info on my fix to Chromium OS:
 - Commit Log: http://src.chromium.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=power_manager.git;a=commitdiff;h=ba7eef43bd772f0ec55661e0dc23e92d873a4844
 - Commit SHA1: ba7eef43bd772f0ec55661e0dc23e92d873a4844
 - Code Review: http://codereview.chromium.org/1035001

For XSyncBasedPoller, developed by KDE, it looks like they fixed this
before the initial commit so there is no specific log of their change.
But they included the following comment in the initial commit:

/* Set the reset alarm to fire the next time idleCounter < the
 * current counter value. XSyncNegativeComparison means <= so
 * we have to subtract 1 from the counter value
 */

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

David