[gpm] Gnome power manager does not perform hibernate-commands while the screen is locked

Hi

Since Ubuntu Lucid, it has been impossible for me to put my machine in hibernate while the screen is locked.

Usecase I'm struggling with:

1. My laptop has a locked screen
2. I need to hibernate my machine without unlocking the screen, so I press the hibernate button
3. Nothing happens

Wanted result:

3. The machine would hibernate.

Is this intentional behaviour, and is there perhaps a configuration setting to enable my usecase? Should I file a bug on this?

Apologies if this is not in the Gnome power manager domain, or if Ubuntu has configured itself out of the range of this list. If I am in the wrong place I would appreciate it if someone could point me in the direction of a better place to ask my question.

Thanks

Håvard.