Re: [gpm] Keyboard backlight support

On 2 November 2010 23:46, Alex Murray <murray alex gmail com> wrote:
> Attached is a patch to add keyboard backlight support via UPower. This
> add gpm-backlight-kbd which is basically a copy & paste of
> gpm-backlight which allows us to have the same policy as is currently
> used for screen backlight and instead uses the recently added UPower
> KbdBacklight interface.

Seeing as it's so similar to gpm-backlight, surely it makes sense to
just put the few lines of keyboard stuff in gpm-backlight itself?

> At this stage I have made the patch against the 2.32.0 version (aka
> 0761a35880a5816f884f2ddad8989bee961c985f) (not git HEAD since I can't
> compile it easily with the latest dependencies on my Ubuntu machine)
> so it would need some small work to adapt to changes in HEAD.

To merge, the patch needs to be against git master. The easiest way to
build is using jhbuild, which is quite simple to use, although does
take a few hours to compile everything like glib and gtk+. Using
jhbuild means you don't touch your base system. It's what most of the
core gnome-developers use.