[gpm] Fixing icon compatibility [Was: Re: [Bug 617529] ]
- From: Brian Hutsell <bhut_ooto yahoo com>
- To: Richard Hughes <hughsient gmail com>
- Cc: GPM Mailing List <gnome-power-manager-list gnome org>, Jakub Steiner <jimmac gmail com>, Jon McCann <jmccann redhat com>
- Subject: [gpm] Fixing icon compatibility [Was: Re: [Bug 617529] ]
- Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 20:16:22 -0700 (PDT)
Here's a patch that explicitly provides a prioritized list of icon names, including the new symbolic names as well as the previous names from GNOME_POWER_MANAGER_2_30_1. This restores compatibility with the older icon names without adding any additional preferences or symbolic links.
The filename is now built up as a semicolon-separated list, prioritized from first to last. This list is split on ";" into an array of strings, which is then passed to g_themed_icon_new_from_names() to assist in choosing the proper name. The first name for which an icon exists will be chosen.
This makes the icon naming code more regular across devices, thus introducing a few minor differences in corner-cases from previous implementations. In most cases, these corner-cases
should be irrelevant. Without having seen the icon spec, I was only able to try to honor the apparent intentions of the pre-existing code. The "-symbolic" suffix isn't added to all possible names, as was allowed in the previous implementation.
Things to pay attention to in the code review:
1) What is the intended prioritization of names? (I tried to reflect existing code rather than make it simplest. Is the "use_symbolic" option still desired?)
2) Which icon names need the "-symbolic" suffix? Please remove those that aren't needed, and add any that are needed which might be missing.
Description: Binary data
] [Thread Prev