[gpm] how to use s2ram --force in the panel?

Hello,

I am using a macbook pro 5,5 (macosx 10.6) mostly with fedora12 and
gnome and suspend seems to be broken; I have realised that it appears
and disappears almost randomly from the power menu when I do an
upgrade.

I have noticed that s2ram --force works perfectly when specifying the
suspend partition in the kernel line of menu.lst. But whilst this is
working well from the command line,

1) it requires the root passwd
2) X is not locked when resuming

This is why I would like to make gnome power manager aware of s2ram
and tell it to use it.

How can I achieve this?

Thanks,

Pau