Re: [gpm] AC Power button power management preferences

On 25 June 2010 14:45, Patrick Doyle <wpdster gmail com> wrote:
> Can anybody tell me why the options listed for "When the power button
> is pressed" in gnome-power-preferences don't include "shut down".

The only reason for it not appearing is because it's been disallowed
in ConsoleKit. gnome-power-manager checks with consolekit if the
current user is able to perform this type of operation, and if
forbidden, it's hidden from the UI.

The output of ck-list-sessions might be useful in this case.