[gpm] gnome-power-manager dbus api

I'm just trying to hack up a little script to put my CPU governor into
it's "power save" policy, i'd like it to do this when dpms has shut off
the screen by querying something like:

dest=org.gnome.PowerManager serial=2 path=/org/gnome/PowerManager;
interface=org.gnome.PowerManager; member=GetDpmsMode

Also I think the command on the FAQ[1] is no longer valid as (even when
removing the type-o of "aorg.gnome.PowerManager...")

results in:
Error org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownMethod: Method "SetDpmsMode"
with signature "s" on interface "org.gnome.PowerManager" doesn't exist

Any ideas/alternatives on this would be much appreciated :)

Power manager version 2.28.1