[gpm] Internal screen goes off only when closing lid. If lid is already closed it doesn't work (dockingstation)

Hi

Unfortunately the website with the list of reported bugs wasn't available to me. I hope this issue isn't already reported.

I have a Dell Latidude D600 with dockingstation and I'm using Debian Lenny with kernel 2.6.26. On my notebook I have installed gnome- power-manager 2.22.1-4

Because I have a dockingstation normaly my notebook boots up with closed lid and I'm working on my external monitor. This results that state of ' cat /proc/acpi/button/lid/LID/state' is closed when it boots up. Because my notebook was getting hotter and hotter I checked if internal monitor is off as it should be (i set configuration to "blank screen") but it was on. I checked if it's also not working when I close lid again. But this test was successful. It seems for me that gnome-power-manager only checks the change of the lid event but not if the lid is already closed.

Please let me know if you need any further information on that.

Regards
Po