[gpm] Can I use gnome power manage on KDE

Hi,

Forgive me if my question is out of line.

I would like to try gnome power manager on my Kubuntu Gutsy KDE system because someone who had problem with suspend/resume on kubuntu gutsy claimed to solve his problems by switching from kpowersave to gnome-power-manager.

I installed the package from the Ubuntu archives, invoked gnome-power-manager and was able to suspend and resume using the power button.

However, I do not have a notification icon anywhere in my KDE panel. Am I hoping for for something that is not possible or is there something I I'm missing that would give me such an icon? I can put an ordinary icon on the desktop for gnome-power-manager.

I would appreciate any suggestion.

Thanks in Advance,
Don

--