[gpm] missing controls in ac and battery profiles

Hi, I'm runnung Ubuntu 8.04 64x86 on an acer extensa 5620 laptop. I  have
gnome-power-manager 2.22.1 and it seems to work pretty well. I can correctly
control brightness via function keys, but in the preference window, under
the AC profile and the battery profile tabs, I can't see the brightness
slider (as i can see here
http://www.gnome.org/projects/gnome-power-manager/gpp.html ), so i can't set
a default brightness level for both the profiles. Same way, in these tabs, i
can't see the performance selector, so I can't set the performance
preference for ac or battery and i see the cpu always working with speedstep
with variable frequency aven in ac mode.
you can see a screenshot of my preference window here
http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/2757/gpmam4.png , as you can see there
are only e few controls (sorry, it's in italian).
thanks.