Re: [gpm] why is processor configration not enabled by default?

On Mon, 2007-09-03 at 15:35 +0800, Jeff Cai wrote:
> There's a gconf configuration key called
> "/apps/gnome-power-manager/ui/cpufreq_show" in GPM.
> Its value is "false" by default, so we can't see
> the configuration combobox in gnome-power-preference UI.

Sure. It's a technical detail that shouldn't concern most people.

> I'm confused why GPM doesn't enable processor configuration
> by default. Users don't require this or implementation is not
> mature yet?

Users shouldn't have to change this. Some power users might want to
tweak things, hence why it's not in the UI by default. Now ondemand and
conservative are mainly bug free the user shouldn't have to touch this
setting.