Re: [gpm] Ubuntu Gutsy and UPS Support
- From: Richard Hughes <hughsient gmail com>
- To: Scott Harris <scohar gmail com>
- Cc: gnome-power-manager-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: [gpm] Ubuntu Gutsy and UPS Support
- Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 17:48:34 +0100
On Wed, 2007-10-24 at 05:22 -0400, Scott Harris wrote:
> It seems that in the latest release of Ubuntu (Gutsy 7.10) that the
> Gnome Power Manager automatically supports UPS devices without the
> need for apcupsd.
Yes, if it's a HID compliant device it should just work. There's been
support in HAL for a year or so - I'm surprised 2.18 didn't work for
> Can you please confirm that this is true? I can't find this
> information in any release notes anywhere.
Sure, it's been a while since I tested this, but it should work. Yell if
you hit any problems.
] [Thread Prev