Re: [gpm] Translation of gpm

On Thu, 2007-03-08 at 21:44 +0100, Ask Hjorth Larsen wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I am working on the Danish translation of gnome-power-manager. One of
> the strings reads:
>
> "Display options for the notification icon. Valid options are "never",
> "critical", "charge", "present" and "always"."
>
> The word "present" (for example) does not appear anywhere else in the
> file, indicating that it is not some kind of menu option which is
> translated elsewhere. How am I supposed to translate the (presumably
> reserved) words without breaking the user interface?

That translation is from the gconf schema file. The never, critical,
present etc. options are text strings that are set by
gnome-power-preferences in GConf, read by gnome-power-manager and never
exposed to the user.

To translate this just do 'XXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX XXXXXXX
"never", "critical", "charge", "present" XXX "always"' where XXXXX is
the Danish translation.

Does this help?

Thanks for doing the translation!