Re: [gpm] How can I make my laptop suspend after 1 hour then hibernate after 2 hours?

On Fri, 2007-06-29 at 15:53 -0600, Jason Spiro wrote:
> How can I make my laptop suspend after 1 hour of inactivity then
> hibernate 2 hours after it suspends?

We have the API for that in place already. The HAL Suspend(i) method
takes an argument of the number of seconds to wake up in. Unfortunately,
we don't get any indication if the wake-up was because we woke up from
the timeout or woke up from another event, e.g. lid open.

The biggest problem is that few BIOS's support this, and the kernel
interface for the wakeup time is absolutely abhorrent. The interface is
being improved IIRC, but it remains that some hardware just doesn't
work.

Work in this area would be great, in fact, if you can do some research
in to the new interface for wakeup events I can hack this into the hal
scripts for testing.