[gpm] Should the inhibit applet, when it is in Inhibit Mode, inhibit suspend on lid close?

Should the inhibit applet, when it is in Inhibit Mode, inhibit suspend
on lid close?  I think it normally should.

Will this surprise people who put their laptop in its case and then
realize, hours later, that its battery ran out of juice?  (IMO it will
not.)

Also, will it surprise people with laptops that overheat when left
running with the lid closed?  (I don't know how common such laptops
are; I've never had one.  I vaguely recall reading about some older
Mac laptops with the problem; but IIRC even if you installed a Mac OS
X utility like SleepLess, they still always suspended after 5 minutes.
I don't know if it was Mac OS X or the firmware that forced them to
suspend.)  If it will surprise such users, should the inhibit applet
show a warning dialog?

Cheers,
Jason

--
Jason Spiro: Linux consultant, web developer, Windows corporate trainer.
No job too big or too small, whether two hours or two months.