[gpm] how to disable cpu frequency scaling?

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could tell me how to disable the cpu frequency scaling component of the gnome power manager? I have a fanless, transmeta efficeon based laptop, and the GPM scaling behavior (max'd out whenever on AC) causes it run *way* too hot (caught it idling at 70C the other day!!!!). Even under battery conditions, it runs about 8-10degC hotter than w/o GPM. I'd like to have a "don't touch" policy on the cpu, (as gpm seems to totally override any longrun/sysfs settings) but otherwise retain all the other features of GPM.

Big kudos otherwise. I've just switched from gentoo/fluxbox to gnome under ubuntu and was *stunned* by the fact that suspend to ram worked without having to apply the suspend2 patches - actually it seems to work better in fact!

Thanks,
-brian