Re: [gpm] Gstreamer usage

We already depend on gst in head, and IIRC we fallback to gdk_beeping if
this fails. Lots of machines do not have a pc speaker, myself
included. :-) Does trunk work better for you?

I saw that, but was wondering what was the launching as external process lacked
that lead to the hard dependency...if gst-launch is not present (it is in most GNOME distros
by default) the user knows what she's doing :)

GDM also does sound on login and does it by calling platform specific and configurable
executables (play, aplay).

Jani