[gpm] gnome power manager not recieving acpi notifications

Since yesterday 24.09.06 i realized my notebook always had the battery icon showing chargin even when i plugged it out. it then occured ot me something was wrong with the g-p-m acpi -b shows me the actual state of my battery and lshal -m shows me when i plug in my charger or disconnect it. can anyone help me with this? from the reading I've done i realize that the g-p-m speaks directly to hal and gets all its notifications through hal so i figure it gets all the acpi notifications through hal, why would the notifications stop being sent.

--
Gladstone .A. Taylor
http://animesynergy.com